From 22 February Kodi team published a final and stable version Kodi 16.0 Jarvis. Unfortunately, there is always something that will need to fix. So also became the version Kodi Jarvis. The team recently released Kodi 16.1 Jarvis RC 1 in which there are some bug fixes. But we have good news, Kodi team has already prepared Kodi 16.1 Jarvis Release Candidate 2 which fixes some reported bugs.
Fixes done in Kodi 16.1 Jarvis RC 2 version:
- Never cache addons directories
- Fix typo when calculating forced ratio size
- AndroidStorageProvider: Ignore /mnt/runtime and don’t call Exists all the way every some 500 ms as this will affect performance
- Set of fixes for DirectX rendering
- Fixed crash under JSON-RPC on iOS/OSX
- 20% performance gain on opening EPG guide window
- Add missing libgif.so to the Android package
- Fix Kodi freezing if no ADSP add-on is present
- EventServer security fix by only allowing localhost
We also remind fixes done in Kodi 16.1 Jarvis RC 1 version
- Fix possible lockup when entering EPG grid
- Fix possible problems with rendering on Windows
- Fix possible non working key presses after a key long press
- Don’t do a video chapter skip if there’s only one chapter
- Fix possible lock up by increasing timeout to let screensavers properly exit
- Fix render capture (bookmark images) on certain hardware with DXVA on Windows
- Fix problem in ZeroConfBrowser that could cause problems on exit
- Fix crash one OSX 10.7 when trying to resolve HDD names
- Fix possible crashes when using VAAPI and DXVA video rendering
The complete technical list can be found on Github milestones.
If you want to download and install this build visit Official Kodi 16.0 development downloads.