Three weeks ago the Kodi team released the final version of Kodi 15.2 Isengard. Currently available is a Kodi 16.0 Jarvis 16.0 Beta 1 version. What features have been added and removed, the list below.
- DirectX 11 upgrade
- 4:3 Non-linear Stretch
- Event logging
- Split up skin settings
- Image resource add-ons
- Long press feature to remote controls
- Android Surface Rendering
- Removal of libstagefright
- Add-on manager changes
– Roll-back button on add-on info panel has been replaced by Update
– The Update button now opens a list of available versions of the add-on. Should you have several repositories installed that offer different version of this add-on you can now choose which to install.
– You can now disable auto-update per add-on through the info panel individual from others.
- Remowe karaoke feature
Other Important Changes:
- Start of integration of ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
- Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to improve image quality of images
- Added support for the musicbrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, xiph.
- Add date added to music library and use it for sorting
- Support saving skin settings as add-on data instead of in guisettings.xml
- Image resource add-ons which provides common image libraries than can be used by several skins and add-ons.
- Don’t mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
- Win32: Proper 24.0/60.0 Hz refresh rate in fake fullscreen mode
- Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the albums chronological per artist.
- Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
- Series recording added for PVR
- Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
- Properly handle wired or bluetooth headsets on Android and only use PCM output
- Fix playback of VP9 and VC1 video codecs on Android
- Use best possible icons from other Android apps while browsing these in Kodi
- Enable true 1920×1080 output on AMLogic device without up-scaling
- Add Korean, Chinese and Chech keyboards
- Add multi-touch support for Linux platform
- Improve touch-screen keymapping
- Add stereoscopic depth for Confluence skin
- The item that you had previously chosen will now be selected in the selection list instead of just starting at the top of the list
- Decouple Kodi and system volume on Android which removes the double audio volume slider
- Karaoke support has been completely removed as it wasn’t functional
- Further improve DX11 implementation in Windows
- iOS9 support
- Various PVR fixes and improvements
- Various improvements to the music section
- Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement existing tablet gestures.
- Kodi now supports being compiled with Xcode 7
- The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
- The Music Library and Files View for music have now been unified, similar to how video files and library are unified
- Extended support for browsing movies by country and through UPnP as well as user-ratings which we be added in future versions.
You can download Kodi 16.0 Jarvis Beta 1 from the Official Kodi 16.0 alpha and development downloads.