Khadas brand (Shenzhen Wesion Technology Co. Ltd.) announced the sale of Khadas VIM3. Khadas VIM3 SBC will be launching on 24 June 2019.
New Khadas VIM3 will be available in two versions: VIM3 Basic (2GB RAM / 16GB) – launch price: $69.99 and VIM3 Pro (4GB / 32GB) – launch price: $99.99. The Pro-model comes with onboard 4GB LPDDR4/4X RAM, 32GB of EMMC storage and 2T2R 802.11ac Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 5.0.
Below you will find some important information about VIM3. However, it is worth noting that the announced new Khadas’s PCBA is powered by the new Amlogic S922X. Agrees, Beelink GT-King is based on the same SoC. VIM3 SBC (a single-board computer) supports three operating systems: Android 9.0 (Pie), Ubuntu XFCE 18.04, LibreELEC (Linux 5.1 + Kodi GBM).
Khadas VIM3 SBC Overwiew
VIM3 SBC Main Features:
- Faster CPU Performance – Big-little architecture. x4 high-performance Cortex-A73 cores, paired with x2 efficiency Cortex-A53 cores.
- Neural Processing Unit for A.I. – Next generation, deep-neural-network applications, at 2.5 TOPS.
- Switchable PCIe and USB 3.0 – Use the Khadas KBI to switch the “combo interface” to either the USB-3.0 port or PCIe interface.
- USB-C Power Delivery – Wide-range of power input, from 5-20V for power-hungry applications, e.g. Microphone Array and Speakers.
- Dual Independent Displays – HDMI and MIPI-DSI, with 3-axis digital accelerometer for display rotation detection.
Full specification and new information about VIM3 (Basic / Pro) you can find on the VIM3 SBC product page. Khadas brand also announced the introduction of the next 2 versions of VIM3 board.