Kaiboer (开博尔) is one of the largest TV box brands in China, we reported earlier on their latest models based on a new 64-bit quad-core solution from Mstar the (MSO9180D1R). Today we introduce a new version of the popular Android TV Box operates on the Action Semi ATM7039S processor called Kaiboer F5 Plus. The new processor ATM7039S is similar to the Action Semi ATM7039, but additionally with 4K video support for OTT boxes, and Kaiboer F5 Plus is one of the first product to feature the new processor.
- SoC – Actions Semi ATM7039S quad core ARM Cortex A9r4 with PowerVR SGX544MP GPU
- System memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB + micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4b with HDCP 1.1 + AV port (RCA)
- Video playback support – Up to 4K @ 30Hz – AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, RM/RMVB, MP4/M4V, DivX/Xvid,FLV, 3GP, DAT, VOB, MPG/MPEG, AVS, ASF, TP, TRP, TS, M2TS/MTS. H.265, h.264, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power LED, reset button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 187 x 128 x 24mm
The Kaiboer F5 Plus works on YunOS 2.1 (Aliyun OS), based on AOSP, and it ships with a power supply, an HDMI cable, and a remote control. Kaiboer is not really interested in overseas market, so the interface will most probably only be only in Chinese, and you can have a glimpse in the review on imp3.net.