We recently had the opportunity to present the Android TV Box with a digital TV tuner WeTek Play. Today another, equally interesting tv box with digital TV tuner called K1. K1 (manufacturer Shenzhen Videostrong Technology Co., Ltd.) is a media player powered by Amlogic S805 quad core processor, and an optional DVB-T2 tuner. On board K1 is running Android 4.4.2.
K1 OTT TV Box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex A5 processor @ 1.5GHz with a quad core Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 (512MB, 2GB as option)
- Storage – 4 or 8 GB NAND flash (Options: 16 or 32GB), micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, AV (Composite and YPbPr supported)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Tuners – DVB-T2 Tuner with RF In and Out
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (dual band optional), and optional Bluetooth
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power – 12V/1A
The device runs Android 4.4.2 with XBMC pre-installed, and comes with an IR remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual. I could not find any details about the included software for DVB. Compared to devices with AML8726-MX, you should probably expect similar CPU performance, but the GPU will be much faster, and the system will also support H.265 /1080p hardware video decode.
More information can be found on the manufacturer’s website at Alibaba.com (Shenzhen Videostrong Technology Co., Ltd).