We have good news. Infomir brand has released the biggest and expected by users firmware update to Android 9.0 for Infomir MAG425A Android TV streaming device. New Android 9.0 (v2.4.7) firmware update brings many significant changes.
As you know, we had the opportunity to test the Infomir MAG425A Android TV streaming device (review here). Then Infomir’s Android TV Box runs on Android TV 8.0, and it fared quite well. However, with the new Android 9.0 firmware, it should be even better.
The MAG425A Android TV Box has been updated to Android 9.0, which boasts a system auto frame rate, improved Bluetooth remote control, as well as updated applications and settings interfaces. An ultra-low energy-saving ‘Shutdown’ mode has been added, and the Google Play Music app has been replaced by YouTube Music. This update also makes the system work more safely and smoothly.
It is worth noting that the firmware is available as an OTA (Over-The-Air) update. At first, the set-top box will be updated to Android 8.0 v. 1.9.1 and then to Android 9.0 v2.4.7.
What changes are introduced by the new firmware update to Android 9.0 for Infomir MAG425A
- YouTube and other applications run better – YouTube plays 4K and HDR content better. The playback quality of HDR videos, compressed with the VP9 codec, has been improved
- Improved speech recognition
- Better protection of user data
- Applications do not close down in standby mode
- Modern settings and embedded apps update
- System auto frame rate added
You can find the full changelog with details here.
Availability and price
Infomir MAG425A TV Box now is available at www.switchonshop.com store for 65.00€