HiSilicon Hi3796M V200 is a new SoC supports 4K, Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HLG and more
Recently during Broadcast Asia 2017 in Singapore May 23 – May 25 HiSilicon (HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd) officially announced the availability of the next generation UHD chipset with embedded support for the industry leading Broadcast CA, HEVC video decoding and support for multiple HDR technologies called HiSilicon Hi3796M V200. Although some time ago Hisilicon introduced the cheaper SoC Hi3798M V200 (compared to Hisilicon Hi3798C V200), you have recently read that this SoC will soon be on the market new device from HiMedia called HiMedia Q30. Quite a long time Hisilicon waited with the new SoC for TV Boxes until now.
The Hi3796M V200, is the next generation SoC in Hisilicon’s integrated 4K UHD product family. Ideally suited for a range of different multimedia and video applications from OTT, Media Hubs and Set Top Boxes applications, by offering industry leading technologies and added support for Broadcast Conditional Access (DVB) and Digital Rights Management capabilities. Hisilicon Hi3796M V200 provides powerful CPU and GPU processing capabilities with a quad-core ARM® Cortex® A53 64-bit CPU and a multi-core ARM® MaliTM 450 graphics GPU and subsystem along with the latest generation of the HiVXE2.0 Multi-format Video decode engine that supports the latest industry formats, AVS 2.0, HEVC and VP9 10bit decoding.
Key features and specifications of Hi3796M V200 processor:
- CPU – Quad core ARM Cortex A53
- GPU – ARM Mali-450MP
- Memory – DDR3, DDR3L, DDR4
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a Tx with HDCP 2.2
- Video format – HEVC, H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, VC1, VP9, AVS 2.0
- HDR – HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR and SDR conversion
- HiVXE 2.0 VPU – Decoder – 4K60 10-bit; Encoder – HEVC/H.264 1080p30 or 2x 720p30
- Ethernet – 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x Fast Ethernet
- USB 2.0 – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- SATA & PCIe & USB 3.0 – USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, PCIe 2.0 host interface (optional); cnxsoft’s note: all ports are likely multiplexed, so only one is usable.
- Transport Stream I/F – 2x TS In + 2x TS In or Out + 1x Cable IF in
- SDIO – 2x SDIO 3.0
- Security – Advanced DRM, and CAS (NOCS3.X), and hardware video watermark. TrustZone
Hi3796M V200 supports 4K DVB, H.265, Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HLG, SLF technologies and integrates ImprexTM2.0 PQ engine which provide an immersive best-in-class video quality experience. The company can provide Android 7.0 and Linux SDKs with middleware and RDK for the processor and development board. HiVXE 2.0 is also said to support PiP and video transcoding. Hardware video watermark ability allows the processor to meet MovieLabs UHD premium service delivery requirements.
Hisilicon also offers a user-friendly way to watch VR videos / 360° videos on the TV by using a mobile app or remote control to navigate in all directions while the video is playing.