HiMedia company needs no introduction, has in its portfolio a lot of TV Boxes that are really good. One of them is TV Box called HiMedia Q10 which is to be shown at CES 2016 in the new refreshed version. These revelations betrays a blog MiniPCDB. HiMedia Q10 Next Gen TV Box is to be equipped with the new SoC from HiSilicon called HiSilicon Hi3798C V200.
The first information about the new HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 we published in mid-August. Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 is a new hardware solution based on ARM Cortex-A53 cores, has a good cpu with excellent multimedia support. Hi3798C V200 is equipped with a GPU Mali-T720 supports HDMI 2.0 output up to 4K at 60 HZ (just like Rockchip RK3368 and Amlogic S905), 10-bit HEVC / H.265 and VP9 video decoding at 3840×2160 resolution at 60 fps, and integrates SATA and USB 3.0 interfaces.
HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 main features:
- CPU – Quad core Cortex A53 processor (15K DMIPS)
- GPU – ARM Mali-T720 supporting OpenGL ES 3.1/2.0, OpenVG1.1, EGL, and Imprex 2.0 PQ engine
- Memory I/F – DDR3 or DDR4
- Video Engine (VPU)
- Codecs – HEVC, H.264, VP9, VC1, MPEG2
- Decoder – 10-bit up to 4Kp60
- Encoder – H.264 @ 1080p30 or dual 720p30
- HiVXE 2.0 video engine supporting 4Kp60 H.265 and VP9 decoding, 1080p PiP and video transcoding
- Dolby Vision & HDR10 for “best-in-class video quality experience”
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a TX with HDCP 2.2
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Storage – SATA and 2x SDIO
- Transport Stream – 4x TS In + 2x TS In or Out with support for Full-band Capture (FBC) tuner
- Expansion – PCIe
- Security – Advanced DRM and CAS, Trustzone, Hardware based video watermarking
HiMedia Q10 Next Gen will be using the same alluminum casing as the previous Hisilicon-based Mini PC from Himedia, which has a LED display and “smart touch” keys on the front and an internal SATA HDD bay. Using the “smart touch” area you can operate the TV Box without a remote, as it contains all basic keys like arrows, return, OK, menu. HiMedia Q10 Next Gen’s connectivity is excellent: HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 (host and slave), SATA (internal), composite/optical/coaxial.
Himedia Q10 Next Gen specs:
- CPU – Quad core Cortex A53 (64-bit)
- GPU – Quad core ARM Mali-T720
- RAM – 2GB DDR3
- ROM – 8GB eMMC
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-fi – 802.11N
- USB – 1 x USB 3.0 host, 1 x USB 3.0 slave, 2 X USB 2.0
- Audio/Video – HDMI 2.0, Composite, Stereo (L/R), Optical and Coaxial outputs
- OS – Android 5.1
Q10 Next Generation TV Box will be available after the Chinese New Year (so in late February) for a currently undisclosed price. Specs sheet reveal that there could be a “Pro” version in the future with 16Gb eMMC and 802.11 AC WiFi – or maybe these will be used for the new refreshed version HiMedia Q5.