HiMedia company (HiMedia Technology Limited) needs no introduction. This is the company behind the success of two TV Boxes equipped with HiSilicon Hi3798C V200: Q10 Pro and Q5 Pro. The company recently showed during the Global Sources Electronics Fair 2016 several new TV Boxes, among other things, TV Box called HiMedia A5 equipped with Amlogic S912.
HiMedia A5 is another TV box from HiMedia which has a metal shell. Inside HiMedia A5 UHD TV Box we will find 2GB of RAM and 16GB eMMC flash Storage, Dual Band 2.4GHz + 5GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet. A5 TV Box as we wrote S912 chip which supports VP9, H.265/HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K @60fps, Video Post-processing Engine Support HDR10 and HLG DR Processing. HiMedia A5 runs on Android 6.0 with 1080p UI. More details can be found in the specification below.
HiMedia A5 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 6.0 with 1080p UI
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a, AV Composite
- Audio Output – HDMI, Composite and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9-10/ and H.265 up to [email protected], H.264, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, and RealVideo up to [email protected]
- Audio codecs – MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg, and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 210 * 162 * 84mm
- Weight – n/a
TV Box are equipped with most of the applications we have met in previous models from HiMedia – HiControl, HiShare, and the most popular features – DLNA, AirPlay, Miracast and OTA update.
At the moment there is no information about the availability and exact price. If you are interested this TV Box, you can contact with HiMedia via e-mail – [email protected]. More information can be found on HiMedia A5 product page and video recorded by Notebook Italia.
Source: via Notebook Italia
Discussion about this post