In May MediaTek presented the 10 core (deca-core) processor Helio X20, but now presents a new models called Helio X22 and Helio X30. The Helio X22 is basically a faster version of the X20, while the Helio X30 uses a different arrangement of processor cores to offer higher performance.
Helio X22 will probably be different from the Helio X20 higher clock speed. Recall Helio X20 configuration:
- 2 ARM Cortex-A72 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz
- 4 ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 2 GHz
- 4 ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.4 GHz
The new 10 core (deca-core) SoC processor MediaTek company – Helio X30 is to be the company’s response to the upcoming Snapdragon from Qualcomm 820. Helio X30 will include:
- 4 ARM Cortex-A72 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz
- 2 ARM Cortex-A72 cores clocked at 2 GHz
- 2 ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz
- 2 ARM Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1 GHz
The new processor will be manufactured in 16 nm process technology. Helio X30 also have 4GB RAM memory controller LPDDR4 1600MHz and Mali T880 GPU. This year, however we do not expect smartphones with this processor. The first of them will appear on the market only in 2016.
Discussion about this post