Today we want to show you another TV Box comes with Amlogic S912, this time from Geniatech. Geniatech is one of the most well-known manufacturers of Android TV Boxes having many years of experience in the TV Boxes. Geniatech / MyGica (Geniatech’s brand) to a few already exhibition shows the new TV Box called ATV1960 with Dual TV Tuner and 2.5″ HDD SATA bay. The earlier a similar model equipped with the older SoC Amlogic S905 we wrote at the end of 2015. The new model Geniatech / MyGica ATV1960 has built-in ATSC/T2 (or other option) one for live watching, another for recording. As we mentioned, there is a ability to place the 2.5″ SATA bay to enable recording of content from Digital TV.
Geniatech / Mygica ATV1960 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 GPU
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 5.1
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot + 2.5″ SATA bay (cover on the bottom of the case)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio Output – HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Tuner – Dual Digital TV Tuner (ATSC/T2); one for live watching, another for recording; EPG and PVR supported.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 160 x 110 x 33 mm
- Weight – 237 grams
Most of you noticed that ATV1960 runs on Android 5.1, compared to other TV Boxes with Amlogic S912 which received Android 6.0. Perhaps it is linked to the incompatibility digital TV tuners with Android 6.0. Perhaps in the future this will change. At the moment we have no information on price and availability. More details on Geniatech ATV1960 product page.