We have good news, there is new firmware for ZIDOO Z9X v6.3.45 and v6.3.45_G for ZIDOO’s flagship android media player. The ZIDOO Z9X Android Media player is powered by Realtek RTD1619DR SoC. In addition to OTA firmware update, you can update via USB, OTA zip files can be found below.
Availability and price
New ZIDOO’s Android media players RTD1619DR Series are available in the ZIDOO Official Store on Aliexpress and via ZIDOO shop. ZIDOO Z9X is available for $257.16 via Aliexpress
On the occasion of the release of this firmware, we have good news for you. ZIDOO Z9X, Z10PRO and Z1000PRO are Roon ready now, more details here.
ZIDOO’s models indicated above can Roon Ready streaming your existing DAC or receiver via its HDMI, Optical, or USB outputs or one can take advantage of its built-in 3.5mm AUX output to easily add a zone to your Roon setup.
What we find in the new firmware v6.3.45 / v6.3.45_G (with Google Play Store) for ZIDOO Z9X Android Media Player
What’s the difference for firmware with G or not?
Firmware with G means “Google play store” is installed, there is no other difference. Please make sure you will update to firmware with G always if you have already installed firmware with G now.
- Optimized the output logic of VS10 engine for some display devices (such as Samsung, Philips)
- Fixed the problem that some hard drives are not recognized.
- The problem that some hard drives continue to work occasionally after shutting down.
- Fixed the problem that the Input Method will be cleared by the Clean Up app.
- USB audio setting is added into the Zidoo Controller app.
- Fixed the problem that no sound output occasionally when switching HDMI color gamut.
- Added MQA and DTS disc for CD playback.
- Optimized the system stability.
- Added nl,fr,de,it,ru,hu language for QuickSettings and HT4.0.
By the way, the ZIDOO Android Control app has also received improvements. Added local cell phone music playback function. Besides, optimized music sorting function, and individual interfaces. Zidoo Controller APP (v1.9.6 Android) you can find here.
ZIDOO Z9X v6.3.45 Changelog continued
- Added screensaver when the video is paused.
- Fixed the problem that forced subtitles do not take effect in certain subtitle languages.
- Optimized playback stability.
- Added local clearlogo picture function (MovieName-clearlogo.png – must be png!)
- Optimized the collection export function.
- Added manual refresh function on video details interface.
- Optimized the display logic of watched movies.
- Optimized the acquisition of video resolution tag.
- Fixed the character information display function.
- Fixed the occasional crash problem when scanning.
- Added manual sorting function when entering the collection through the search interface.
- Optimized application stability.
You can find the full changelog list here.
Download Firmware v6.3.40 / v6.3.40_G for ZIDOO Z9X
How to upgrade firmware by USB update?
- Download the firmware via links above to a USB stick
- Follow the USB update guide
- If you are the first time to install firmware with G, activate it with this guide
Note: If it is stuck in “Zidoo” logo for over 5 minutes when upgrading firmware, please power Zidoo media player off and restart. After firmware is upgraded successfully, built-in apps will upgrade automatically, please kindly wait 5 minutes to start using.