Recently, UGOOS has prepared another Firmware update v.1.0.6 for UGOOS UT8 and UGOOS UT8 Pro. UGOOS UT8 series is a powerful Android TV Boxes powered by RK3568 SoC. The UGOOS UT8 and UT8 Pro firmware introduce many changes and fixes, including the addition of a Samba server and NFS and CIFS client. The firmware is currently available via OTA update.
Availability and price
UGOOS’s UT8 series Android TV Box is now available for sale in several places:
TV Box is shipped with 5V/3A adapter Bluetooth voice remote control with gyro (UR01-BLE), HDMI cable, and 2pcs Antennas.
As for the differences between the UT8 Pro and the UT8, they are negligible. However, they can be meaningful during use. UGOOS UT8 Pro comes with 8GB RAM DDR4 and 64GB eMMC. However, the UT8 TV Box has 4GB RAM and 32GB eMMC. Additionally, both models can be drawn by color as the blue housing belongs to the UT8 Pro TV Box. Both models run on Android 11 OS and come with well-known UGOOS settings. More details in our UGOOS UT8 review.
What changes can we find in the new firmware update v.1.0.6 for UGOOS UT8 RK3568 Series?
- Added Samba server
- Added NFS Client
- Added CIFS client
- Added forced display orientaion policy
- Added ability to set sleep timer once; added option to power menu
- Added mouse as touch input option (Input & devices – Mouse)
- Fixed video playback error when hot plugging HDMI after booting the device
- Fixed random disconnect Bluetooth remote controller
- Fixed no sound in GeForce Now application for Bluetooth devices (need re-pair)
- Fixed DTS-HD RAW audio passthrough for some AV receivers
- Added support of some USB DACs
- Added ability to set live wallpapers
- Added ability to set wallpaper using Gallery application
- Added CPU and GPU performance setting (Power – Max performance mode)
- Added information about Wi-Fi standard and download/upload link speed
- Added Ethernet switcher
- Added Ethernet indicator setting
- Added network priority setting
- Magisk updated to version 25.2
At the moment, the firmware update is available via OTA (the update is triggered automatically after starting the device or through the TV Box settings).
Discussion about this post