We have good news, there is a new firmware H96 Max X3 with S905X3 SoC, update 20200623 (PC flash firmware). TV Box is powered by Amlogic S905X3 SoC and runs on Android 9.0.
Availability and price
H96 MAX X3 TV Box is available on Aliexpress, among others in the Vontar store for $35.48 (4GB/32GB) and $41.44 (4GB/64GB).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the H96 MAX X3 TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.9 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G31MP2 GPU
- Memory – 4GB RAM DDR4
- Storage – 32GB – 128GB GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot
- OS – Android 9.0
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1 with Dynamic HDR, AV port (composite)
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Audio Output – HDMI 2.1, AV, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Dual-Band 802.11n WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet (Rj45) 10/100/1000Mbps, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, digital led display, LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
Firmware H96 Max X3 with S905X3 SoC
As we said at the beginning, the firmware is available as a PC upgrade / .img file version (you must do a flash method to update the firmware, use the Amlogic Flash tool, helpful video here). New firmware for H96 MAX X3 TV Box with Amlogic S905X3 SoC, update 20200623 can be download below