[dropcap]R[/dropcap]ecently Firefly unveiled 8K AI Mini-ITX Mainboard, called ITX-3588J based on new Rockchip RK3588 SoC. It’s no surprise that this is another Rockchip-based product in the Firefly portfolio. However, the presence of the newest powerful RK3588 octa-core Cortex-A76 / A55 processor is noteworthy.
Before we get to the specs and features of the Firefly ITX-3588J mainboard, we will write a bit about the new Rockchip RK3588 SoC.
About Rockchip RK3588 SoC
Chinese chip maker Rockchip started talking about the RK3588 octa-core processor more than two years ago. However, at the end of 2021, we learned more about the RK3588 chipset.
First of all, the Rockchip RK3588 chipset is Rockchip’s new-gen flagship AIoT SoC with an 8nm lithography process. Equipped with an 8-core 64-bit CPU (4 x ARM Cortex-A76 CPU cores at up to 2.6 GHz and 4 x ARM Cortex-A55 CPU cores at up to 1.8 GHz), it has a frequency up to 2.4GHz.
Integrated with ARM Mali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU and built-in AI acceleration NPU, it provides 6Tops computing power and supports mainstream deep learning frameworks. The powerful RK3588 can deliver more optimized performance in various AI application scenarios.
Firefly ITX-3588J RK3588 Mini-ITX Mainboard Overview Features
In addition to the new Firefly’s Mini-ITX mainboard, the new RK3588 chip can also be found in the Radxa ROCK5 Pico-ITX SBC and Banana Pi RK3588 SoM and devkit. ITX-3588J mainboard supports [email protected] H.265/VP9 video decoding and [email protected] H.265/H.264 video encoding, and also supports encoding and decoding simultaneously — achieves up to 32-channel [email protected] decoding and 16-channel [email protected] encoding.
Besides, the 170 x 170mm (6.7″ x 6.7″) mainboard supports up to 32GB of super-large RAM can be configured. In addition, it allows you to expand your storage. The 4-port SATA3.0 interface can be connected with multiple 2.5″/3.5″ SSD/HDD at the same time. The high-speed onboard M.2 SATA3.0 interface supports M.2 2242 SSD. The standard on-board PCIe3.0 (4 Lane) interface, with a per-lane data rate of 8Gbps, its 4-lane data rate can reach up to 32Gbps.
Firefly ITX-3588J supports a variety of power supply ways are provided:
- Computer power supply 12V input (standard ATX power interface – 8Pin);
- DC 12V~24V wide voltage input;
- POE 48V power input (up to 60W).
Additionally, ITX-3588J supports dual Gigabit Ethernet, WiFI 6, and Bluetooth 5.0. More in the specification below.
Firefly ITX3588J mini-ITX motherboard specifications
- SoC – Rockchip RK3588 octa-core processor with four Arm Cortex-A76 cores @ up to 2.4 GHz, four Arm Cortex-A55 cores, ArmMali-G610 MP4 quad-core GPU with support for OpenGL ES3.2, OpenCL 2.2, Vulkan1.1, 6 TOPS NPU, 48MP ISP, 8Kp60 video decoding, 8Kp30 video encoding
- Memory – 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB LPDDR4/LPDDR4x/LPDDR5 memory
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash
- 1x M.2 SATA 3.0 for 2242 SSD
- 4x SATA3.0 ports
- Video I/F
- HDMI 2.1 up to 8Kp60 or 4Kp120
- HDMI 2.0 up tp 4Kp60
- 2x MIPI-DSI up to 4Kp60fps
- DP 1.4 up to 8Kp30 (multiplexed with USB3.0)
- VGA port
- 1x HDMI-IN up to 4Kp60 with support for HDCP 2.3
- 2x 2-lane MIPI-CSI input or 1x 4-lane MIPI-CSI input for camera
- Multi-channel 8K video output and 4K video input, up to four-screen output
- 1x Speaker output (10W-8Ω D class)
- 1x Line-Out
- Digital audio output via HDMI and DP ports
- 1x Line-In, 1x MIC-in input, 1x HDMI input
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports, including one with PoE support up to 60W
- 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0
- Optional 5G/4G LTE modem via M.2 socket
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports (1A per port), 1x USB 3.0 Type-C port with DisplayPort Alt. mode (up to 2A), 4x USB 2.0 interfaces including three via headers (Up to 500mA per port)
- Serial – 1x RS485, 1x RS232
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x8 slot (with PCIe x4 interface)
- 8x GPIO, 4x I2C, 1x SPI, 3xADC
- Debugging – Debug interface
- Misc – 12V fan header, 12V heating header?
- Power Supply
- DC 12V~24V wide voltage input via DC jack (5.5×2.1mm)
- 12V input via a standard 8-pin ATX power interface
- 48V PoE up to 60W
- Power Consumption
- Idle – ~1.35W (12V/110mA)
- Typical – ~4.8W (12V/400mA)
- Max – ~20W (12V/1700mA)
- Dimensions – 17 x 17cm (Mini-ITX form factor); holes for 45mm heatsink
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20°C to 60°C; storage:-20°C-70°C
- Humidity – 10% – 80%
Additionally, Firefly says the board supports Android 12 and Linux distributions including Ubuntu, Debian, and Buildroot. This mainboard can be used in ARM PC, edge computing, cloud server, smart NVR, and other fields.
Firefly ITX-3588J Price and Availability
Firefly ITX3588J mini-ITX motherboard is still being worked on, and we do not have availability and pricing information. Besides, more details can be found on the product page.