Station P2 is a new and another powerful open-source geek computer from the Firefly brand. This time the new Station P2 Mini Geek PC is powered by the RK3568 SoC and integrated co-processors (GPU, VPU, NPU). Besides, comes with up to 8GB RAM, Dual Gigabit Ethernet, Wifi 6, M.2, and SATA3.0 interfaces, and more.
You’ve already had a chance to check out Firefly’s Station PCs. On our blog, we wrote about Station P1 and Station M1. Station Mini PCs is an interesting project that is surely appreciated by more advanced users, geeks, developers, etc. However, the new device that Firefly wants to introduce to the market should be even more pleased by the aforementioned audience.
P2 Open-Source Geek Computer on Indiegogo
Through a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, Firefly wants to finance the launch of the new Station PC. The prices are not excessive taking into account the specification and configuration possibilities. Prices start at $120 for Station P2 with 2GB RAM DDR4 and 32GB eMMC. The most expensive specification was priced at $202 (8GB DDR4 RAM and 64GB eMMC). You can find the offer on Indiegogo at this link.
BTW, The shipping fee of Station P2 via Indiegogo is greatly reduced by $20 USD on average. 7 more Asian countries enjoy free shipping (11 countries/areas in total).
Station P2 Mini Geek PC Overview Features
The P2 is also not a huge device compared to the previous models (measures 142mm x 89mm x 31.5mm). Considering the small dimensions, the specification and the number of interfaces are impressive.
- Powered by Rockchip RK3568 SoC quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 processor, with brand new ARM v8.2-A architecture, has frequency up to 2.0GHz
- Supports up to 8GB RAM, with up to 32Bit width and frequency up to 1600MHz, it supports all-data-link ECC
- Integrated with dual-core GPU, high-performance VPU and high-efficiency NPU. The GPU supports OpenGL ES3.2/2.0/1.1, Vulkan1.1. The VPU can achieve 4K 60fps H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoding and 1080P 100fps H.265/ H.264 video encoding. The NPU supports one-click switching of mainstream frameworks like Caffe/TensorFlow
- Supports 4K HDR vision, new video engine VPU can easily decode H.265/HEVC/VP9 4K HDR videos, supports 3840×2160@60Hz ultra-HD output and HDR10
- Supports Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and WiFi 6 (802.11ax) wireless network, with the maximum bandwidth reaches 160MHz and the highest speed reaches 9.6Gbps
- The onboard M.2 PCIe3.0 and SATA3.0 interfaces can be connected with an M.2 NVMe SSD and a 2.5-inch SATA SSD/HDD respectively
In addition to the above-mentioned essential features, the device has a large number of variety interfaces. Among the interfaces we can find: HDMI2.0, USB3.0, USB2.0 x 2, Control Port (RS485 x 1, RS232 x 2), Type-C (OTG), LAN x 2, TF CARD and other interfaces are provided. Besides, it is also worth mentioning that aluminum housing makes good heat dissipation, even without fans.
Additionally, supports to upgrade to Android (Android 11), Ubuntu, Linux+QT, Station OS and other systems, and supports to boot the system via TF card, U disk, EMMC, etc. Besides device is configured with Station OS (Firefly Geek System). Station OS is a combination of Desktop mode and Media mode, you can switch the mode easily to study/work/entertainment.
While, the exact RK3568 Station P2 specification and more details can be found in the offer on Indiegogo.