In early April, we wrote about the new flagship TV Box from ZIDOO called ZIDOO X9S, which will be equipped with the new chip from Realtek called Realtek RTD1295. Today another revelations, but about new devices from Eweat (Shenzhen Eweat Technology Co.,Ltd) . Eweat company is also a known manufacturer of TV Boxes, which also decided to expand its portfolio of devices equipped with the new Realtek RTD1295. New TV Box from Eweat called Eweat R9 will be available in three variants: Eweat R9, Eweat R9 Plus, Eweat R9 mini.
Let’s take a look at the Realtek RTD1295 specs:
- CPU: quad core Cortex A53
- GPU: Mali T820 MP3
- RAM: DDR3 and DDR4 supported, also LPDDR2/3
- ROM: eMMC 5.0 (and NAND)
- HDMI: 2.0 (TX/RX)
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (x2), 11ac Wi-fi
- USB: 1 X USB 3.0 and 2 X USB 2.0.
- MHL: 3.0 Tx and 2.0 Rx
- Other: SATA, Bluetooth, SD card, PCI-e,IrDA in/out, S/PDIF output, I2S in/out
The Eweat R9 Plus looks like a high-end model, offering two Gigabit ports and the possibility of placing the 3.5″ SATA bay to provide access to large amounts of multimedia files, and probably as a home NAS (like HiMedia Q10 Pro – review).
The specification is similar to the three versions Eweat R9 TV Box (Eweat R9, Eweat R9 Plus, Eweat R9 mini):
- CPU – Realtek RTD1295 quad core Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-T820 MP3
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- R9 Mini – 8 GB eMMC + SD card reader
- R9 – 16 GB eMMC + SATA 3.5 connector for external drive + SD card reader
- R9 Plus – 16 GB eMMC + internal 3.5″ SATA 3.0 bay + SD card reader
- Video I/O – HDMI 2.0a output, HDMI 2.0 input, and AV
- Audio I/O – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF output
- Video Playback – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 60 fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, BDISO/MKV, etc… automatic frame rate switching
- Audio Features – 7.1 channel audio pass-through for Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, LPCM, Dolby Digital Plus
- R9 mini – 1x Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 with one external antenna
- R9 and R9 Plus – 2x Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 with two external antennas
- R9 mini – 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- R9 and R9 Plus – 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power switch, LCD display on front panel
- Power Supply
- R9 mini – 5V/2A
- R9- 12V /2A
- R9 Plus – 12V/2.5A
- Dimensions& Weight
- R9 mini – 130 x 100 x 23 mm; 500 grams
- R9 – 170 x 115 x 24.5 mm; 1 kg
- R9 Plus – 200 x 143 x 55 mm; 1.8 kg
The three devices will run Android 6.0 with a custom version of Kodi 16, as well as OpenWrt (TBS). TV boxes in the package will have: IR remote control (optional air mouse), HDMI and AV cables, a power adapter, quick installation guide, and a warranty card. HDMI input can be used for PiP (picture-in-picture) and to record video from game console, set-top boxes, computers, and so on. Below Eweat R9 Android TV Box equipped with two Gigabit ports, 2 external antennas Wifi and SATA 3.5 connector for external drive.
How reveals CNXSoft, the hardware is now complete, but software is still work in progress, with mass production scheduled for mid-summer, i.e. end of July, beginning of August, and pricing not available yet. We hope that soon Eweat R9, Eweat R9 Plus and Eweat R9 mini will appear on the official website of the manufacturer – www.eweat.com.