Egreat A8 Android TV Box with 3.5″ HDD Bay powered by HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 now for $189 (Promo)
Most of you know Egreat company and its TV Boxes. Today we have information about the new TV Box from Egreat. Egreat (Egreat Technology CO.,Ltd) a Chinese manufacturer offering high-quality TV Boxes In high-end style is launching another TV Box called Egreat A8.
Egreat A8 is another TV Box from Egreat based on HiSilicon Hi3798C V200. As you can see Egreat liked this chip and used it again in the new TV Box (probably not the last time). The TV Box has 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC for data. In addition, the TV Box features a 3.5″ HDD SATA bay for larger movies and photos. The Egreat A8 has a built-in fan for better cooling (just like Egreat A11). The A8 TV Box, as previous models support: Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, Dolby Atmos/DTS, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, HDR/HDR10, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update Support.
The Egreat A8 TV Box is available at a promotional price on Geekbuying for $189 with coupon code: GKBEGTA8 ($110 OFF). The device currently runs on Android 5.1.1 with EgUI. More details in the specifications below.
Egreat A8 Android TV Box Specfications:
- CPU – Hi3798CV200 Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, ARMv8-A architecture with multimedia accelerator engine Neon, build in hardware JAVA accelerator and hardware floating point coprocessor
- GPU – Build in ARM Mali-720 3D GPU, OpenGL ES 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1/1.0 and OpenVG 1.1 support, OpenCL 1.2/1.1 full profile/RenderScript support, Microsoft DirectX 11 FL9_3 support, ASTC(Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression) support, Pixel fill rate is greater than 2.7Gpix/s, Triangle up to 280Mtri/s, Floating point operations up to 103GFLOPS
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB Flash, 3.5″ SATA bay, and 2-in-1 card reader (MMC/SD)
- LAN Network – 10/100/1000M RJ45 adaptive ethernet
- Wireless Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4G/5G 2T2R 300M Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BT4.0
- Interfaces – 3.5″ HDD bay, SATA, USB 3.0 host, USB 2.0 host, RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps), HDMI2.0a(up to 4K2K 60fps output), Optical SPDIF, Coaxial, AV, AC in Jack (110~220V 50/60Hz), Cooling fan, Power switch, IR remote receiver,
- File System – EXT3, EXT4, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, GPT
- Video Decoder – HiVXE2.0 video decode engine, H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 [email protected] Hight-tier, [email protected] and [email protected] parallel decoding, H.264 AVC BP/MP/[email protected], H.264/AVC MVC up to [email protected], VP9 up to [email protected], VP6/8 up to [email protected], MPEG1 up to [email protected], MPEG-2 [email protected],[email protected], up to [email protected], MPEG-4 [email protected],[email protected], support GMC, support Short-Header format, up to [email protected], AVS JiZhun [email protected], AVS-P16(AVS+), up to [email protected], VC-1 [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], up to [email protected]
- Video Formats – MKV, ISO, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, DAT etc.
- Graphics and Display Processing – HDR10 support
- Subtitle – SRT, SSA, PGS, SMI
- Audio Decoder – MPEG L1/L2, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus Decoder-Converter, Dolby True HD, DTS HD/DTS M6, Dolby Digital/DTS pass throught, AAC-LC, HE AAC V1/V2, APE/FLAC/OGG/AMR-NB/WB, G.711(u/a), Dolby MS12 decode & sound effect, HE-AAC transcoding DD(AC3) support
- Audio Formats – APE, FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA, MP3, AMR, MID, OGG etc.
- Picture Decoder – Full HD JPEG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels, PNG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels
- Picture Formats – JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.
- Support – DLNA Protocol, Samba, NFS, Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz receiver, Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update, AirPlay
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
The package includes: A8 UHD Media Player, IR remote control, AC power cable, HDMI cable, AV cable, User Manual. As you can see, the Egreat A8 has a front panel LED display, which in combination with the whole design looks like a High-End model. As it is not difficult to see the target of Egreat are the users home entertainment center / home cinema, who also pay attention to aesthetics and design. Egreat A8 will look great with the receiver. If you are looking for this type of TV Box, which also has a 3.5″ HDD bay, then Egreat A8 is worth the attention (now for $189 with coupon code: GKBEGTA8 ($110 OFF)).