Egreat (Egreat Technology CO.,Ltd) a Chinese manufacturer offering high-quality TV Boxes is launching another TV Box called Egreat A11. You had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with earlier models: Egreat A5 (review here) and Egreat A10. As you can see the TV Boxes are made of aluminum (like Himedia, ZIDOO, etc.) and they look visually aesthetically, resembling their high-end design. Probably Egreat decided to aim with his devices in more refined tastes of audio/video fans. Certainly, the Egreat units look great in combination with other home theater/amplifier devices. This also applies to the Egreat A11 TV Box which is expected to be available after July 26 (probably).
In addition to high-end design (similar to Egreat A10) inside we will find well known SoC HiSilicon Hi3798C V200. As you can see Egreat liked this chip and used it again in the new TV Box (probably not the last time). The TV Box has 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC for data. In addition, the TV Box features a 3.5″ HDD SATA bay for larger movies and photos. The A11 has a built-in fan for better cooling. Also comes with two HDMI ports, one HDMI only audio. TV Box, as previous models support: Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update Support. The device currently runs on Android 5.1.1 with EgUI. More details in the specifications below.
- CPU – Hi3798CV200 Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, ARMv8-A architecture with multimedia accelerator engine Neon, build in hardware JAVA accelerator and hardware floating point coprocessor
- GPU – Build in ARM Mali-720 3D GPU, OpenGL ES 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1/1.0 and OpenVG 1.1 support, OpenCL 1.2/1.1 full profile/RenderScript support, Microsoft DirectX 11 FL9_3 support, ASTC(Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression) support, Pixel fill rate is greater than 2.7Gpix/s, Triangle up to 280Mtri/s, Floating point operations up to 103GFLOPS
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB Flash, 3.5″ SATA bay, and 2-in-1 card reader (MMC/SD)
- LAN Network – 10/100/1000M RJ45 adaptive ethernet
- Wireless Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4G/5G 2T2R 300M Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BT4.0
- Interface – 3.5″ HDD bay, SATA, USB 3.0 host, 2 x USB 2.0 host, RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps), HDMI2.0a(up to 4K2K 60fps output) + 1 x HDMI(Audio only), Optical SPDIF, Coaxial, AV, AC in Jack (110~220V 50/60Hz), Cooling fan, RS232, Power switch, 2 x IR remote receiver, IR Input, 2 x Build in Wi-Fi antenna, LED White-Light panel, Power LED indicator
- File System – EXT3, EXT4, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, GPT
- Video Decoder – HiVXE2.0 video decode engine, H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile@Level5.1 Hight-tier, 4Kx2K@60fps and 1x1080p@30fps parallel decoding, H.264 AVC BP/MP/HP@L5.1, H.264/AVC MVC up to 1080p@30fps, VP9 up to 4Kx2K@60fps, VP6/8 up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG1 up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG-2 SP@ML,MP@HL, up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG-4 SP@L0-3,ASP@0-5, support GMC, support Short-Header format, up to 1080p@60fps, AVS JiZhun Profile@6.0, AVS-P16(AVS+), up to 1080p@60fps, VC-1 SP@ML, MP@HL, AP@L0-3, up to 1080p@60fps
- Video Formats – MKV, ISO, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, DAT etc.
- Graphics and Display Processing – HDR10 support
- Subtitle – SRT, SSA, PGS, SMI
- Audio Decoder – MPEG L1/L2, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus Decoder-Converter, Dolby True HD, DTS HD/DTS M6, Dolby Digital/DTS pass throught, AAC-LC, HE AAC V1/V2, APE/FLAC/OGG/AMR-NB/WB, G.711(u/a), Dolby MS12 decode & sound effect, HE-AAC transcoding DD(AC3) support
- Audio Formats – APE, FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA, MP3, AMR, MID, OGG etc.
- Picture Decoder – Full HD JPEG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels, PNG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels
- Picture Formats – JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.
- Support – DLNA Protocol, Samba, NFS, Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz receiver, Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update, AirPlay
- Case – Aluminum sand blasting process
- Dimensions – 310 x 233 x 70mm
- Weight – 2.695 kg
The package includes: A11 UHD Media Player, SATA cable, HDMI cable, AV cable, 2x AAA battery, User Manual. The suggested price (SRP) is $449. On futeko.com A11 TV Box will be available after July 26 for £379.99 / €437 / $509. The Egreat A11 TV Box details or bought directly from Egreat via email. As you can see yourself Egreat company with its exclusive TV Boxes is targeting more affluent customers, or indeed the market has emerged needing high-quality TV Boxes for home cinema geeks (who knows). One thing is certain, this type of TV Box will not be the last in the Egreat portfolio. The company has announced the introduction of more high-end models: Egreat A12 and Egreat A13. Soon we will be releasing more details about the new TV boxes.