Dune HD introduces a new compact and powerful media player, affordable solution supporting 4K Ultra HD video playback with HEVC (H.265) video codec called Dune HD SOLO 4K. For those who are not familiar with the company Dune HD recall. Dune HD is recognized as a global leader in high-performance digital media players. The Dune HD line of media players offers superior quality HD video and audio with support for IPTV, VOD, OTT, networked digital files and interactive services.
Dune HD SOLO 4K is based on the newest SMP8758 processor – the first and the only Hi-End processor by Sigma Designs with real 4K Ultra video support. SOLO 4K is also equipped with a DVB-T/T2 tuner provides possibility to watch digital terrestrial free-to-air TV channels, and 2.5” SATA HDD rack with hot-swap support (NAS function). SOLO 4K has dual band Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz) with 2T2R mode and two antennas. 1Gb Ethernet port is available for fast wired data transfer. The new model features a new possibility to play Blu-ray images not only with simple “BD Lite” mechanism, but also with full Blu-ray menu support, which is a unique possibility for devices of this class. Both 2D and 3D Blu-ray content is supported. Dune HD SOLO 4K also support of true “Hollywood” frame rate (23.976 fps) ensures perfect smooth playback without any stuttering or lost frames.
Dune HD SOLO 4K technical specifications:
- SoC – Sigma Designs SMP8758 dual core Cortex A9 processor @ 1.2 GHz with an ARM Mali-400 GPU and VXP image processing engine
- System Memory – 1GB
- Storage – 4GB flash for firmware, internal HDD rack with hot swap function for a 2.5″ SATA drive, SD card reader (TBC)
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4b up to 1080p60 and 4K @ 30 Hz (including 23.976, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94Hz refresh rates), and composite video
- Audio Output – HDMI, analog stereo audio, coaxial S/PDIF (shared via AV port). 24-bit /192 KHz audio support
- Video codecs – MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, H.265, H.265 Hi10p; support for very high bitrate video (up to 100 Mbit/s and higher)
- Video file formats – MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
- 3D video formats – MVC, Side-by-side, Top/Bottom
- Audio codecs – MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit). Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD MA, and Dolby Atmos pass-through to AV receiver
- Tuner – DVB-T/T2 RF IN
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi with two external antennas, optional Z-Wave controller for home automation
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports (1x rear, 1x front)
- Misc – IR extender port, on/off switch
- Power Supply – 12V DC IN power connector
- Dimensions – N/A
SOLO 4K TV Box implements a unique “dual boot” mechanism, which allows using Linux-based fully featured and further developed functionality of Dune HD media players, or booting to Android OS for working with vast range of Android applications. Dune HD SOLO 4K can also be an home automation gateway thanks to Control4 software, and as a an option with Z-Wave controller will be also available for smart home application. SOLO 4K Media Player is a high-end device, it has a lot of features. Full specification and description of the functions available on the product page. TV Box is available in February of 2016 for 299 Euros (MSRP).
[UPDATE 02/29/2016] We have some news about coming release of the DUNE HD SOLO 4K Player.
The information given about the availability of Dune HD SOLO 4K in February for €299 were invalid. The HD SOLO 4K is produced in February and will hit the shelves mid of March at a price of MSRP €349 including VAT. The price communicated by DUNE was ex. VAT like is mandatory for the US markets. However for Europe end user prices must contain VAT.
The Dune HD SOLO 4K also has integrated ultra-fast dual band 2.4/5.0GHz Wi-Fi 802.11ac and the player can function as a Router and/or Wireless Access point. With the built in Z-WAVE Plus module this player is ready for smart home integration. The integrated DVB-T / T2 / C tuner makes it possible to watch and record free to air channels.
Source: via CNXSoft