CubieTech in this week released new single board called CubieTruck Plus also named Cubieboard5 or named short CB5. The Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) is now available from a number of retailers for about $99.
Cubieboard5 development board is based on CB3, CB5 which adopts a Octa-Core Cortex-A7 CPU (AllWinner H8).
Cubieboard5 single board PC specifications:
- CPU – Allwinner H8 octa-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – PowerVR SGX544 GPU @ up to 700MHz
- Memory – 2GB RAM (4x H5TQ4G63AFR-PCB DDR3 chips)
- Storage – FORESEE eMMC or NAND flash + micro SD card slot + SATA port (via GL830 USB 2.0 to SATA bridge)
- Video Output – HDMI and DisplayPort
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, 3.5mm headphone jack, built-in microphone
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8211E), dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330 module)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Expansion – 30-pin, 24-pin and 16-pin expansion headers
- Debugging – 4-pin header for serial console
- Misc – IR receiver, 4x LED, power/reset/u-boot button
- Power Supply
- 5V (2A without HDD, 3A with 2.5″ HDD)
- External battery support
- AXP818 PMIC
- Dimensions – N/A
Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) development board features:
- Subboard support Raid – Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) can be connected directly to the SATA hard disk, but also can be built to a dual hard disk array by HDD-RAID subboard which transformed from USB3.0/SATA III to Dual SATA III interfaces. HDD can be configured as 4 modes : RAID0, RAID1, JOBD, PM. Due to its rich Raid modes, people can improve the transmission rate and the safety of data redundancy. This configration can be widely used in these occasions for big data capacity, especially high data security.
- Dual display and simultaneous display – Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) supports DP (Display Port) and HDMI display solutions, and supports dual display and simultaneous display (two screens show the same picture at the same time), also supports hot plug, can be switched freely between the two displays.
- Provide UPS level power supply protection – Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) can use lithium battery (such as 3.7 V@5300 mAh) for independent power supply. It can work without connecting other power. This can make CubieTruck Plus become a mobile device, on the other hand it can ensure that data will never lost when the power is cut off accidentally.
- Network Support – Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) has a Gigabit Ethernet port, at the same time uses the Broadcom Wifi + Bluetooth solution：AP6330 module. It supports Bluetooth V4.0, but even more remarkable is that it supports 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz dual-band Wifi.
- Audio Extension – Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) has onboard microphone pickup ,which CubieTruck does not have, and a lot of other development boards don’t have at present. Considering that most cellphones now shipped with headset, so we decided to make CubieTruck Plus also supports the headset with micphone.
- Pin Extension – Compared with Cubietruck’s 54 pins, Expanded pins become 70 pins for the secondary development. Most of them are compatible with the CubieTruck. This is helpful to realize more differentiated ideas in your project.
- Rich Accessories – We have prepared a series of accessories, such as: Serial Debug cable, USB Wifi Module, 3G WCDMA Module, IR Remote Controller, USB Camera, HDMI Wireless HD Sticks and so on .Thses make it more convenient to debug and development on our CubieTruck Plus platform and achieve more applications.
- Good Software Ecosystem – Now Cubieboard5 (CubieTruck Plus) not only supports Android 4.4.4 ,but also supports Ubuntu Linaro desktop 14.04. The Uboot and Kernel are open source, players can build their own distributions by themselves . We will support more distribution versions in the future. Welcome to put forward your opinions in the community, publish your needs, participate in the development of open source software.