It’s relatively easy to find an DVB-T2 Android TV box, and DVB-S2 TV boxes are less common, but last time I checked I could not find any Android media player with ATSC tuners to watch free-to-air channels in North America, South Korea, and a few smaller countries. But now there are at least two models Geniatech / Mygica ATV1220A, and Vigica C70A, both powered by Amlogic AML8726-MX dual core processor.
I’ve also written about Geniatech ATV1220 at the beginning of the year, which only came with a DVB-T2 tuner at the time. There’s now an ATSC version, but the rest of the specifications are identical.
So instead I’ll have a closer look at the technical specifications listed for Vigica C70A:
- SoC – AMLogic AML8726-MX dual core Cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB NAND flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a, AV
- Audio – HDMI, AV, coaxial S/PDIF
- Terrestrial Digital TV – ATSC tuner, 1x RF IN, 1x RF OUT
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A DC
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A