Firefly’s Station PCs are devices that give system freedom and the ability to implement and build on their basis various interesting projects. Station M2 Geek PC is a Mini PC for which you will find, among others, Android TV 11 custom firmware.
Availbility and price
The Station M2 Mini PC powered by Rockhip RK3566 SoC is available for $129 (4GB/32GB) with 256GB SSD for $193 , $173 (8GB/64GB). The cheaper 2GB/32GB version is available for $103.
Station M2 Geek PC Specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3566 with a quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 1.8GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2. OpenCL 2.0. Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS AI accelerator, 4K H.265/H.265/VP9 video decoder, 1080p100 H.265/H.264 video encoder.
- Memory – 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 32GB or 64GB (128GB eMMC optional), M.2 PCIe 2.0 socket for 2242 NVMe SSD, MicroSD card socket
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, digital audio output via HDMI
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet port, dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB OTG Type-C port also used for power
- Power Supply – 5V via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 93.8 x 65 x 15.8 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C to 60°C, storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 10% to 80%
Station M2 RK3566 Android TV 11 Custom Firmware
Currently you can find Android TV 11 Custom firmware v1.1 (09/30/2021). Below you will find the changelog of the current v1.1. In addition, you will also find firmware downloads as well as the necessary tools.
Changelog v1.1 (30-09-2021)
- Fix 10-Bit H264 Playback
- Improve H265 Playback
- Fix HDR10+ Playback
- Better HDR playback in Kodi
- Add Frame-rate switching for Just Video Player, SmartTubeNext
- Add Top Row Shortcuts
- Removed debug menu from Settings
- Disable Play Protect
- Storage Permission for default apps
- Add HDMI support for recovery
- Remove ro.kernel.android.checkjni
- Fix: BitStream: display error in Chinese
- Increase default max password length to 64
- Add graphics_allocator use permission
- Allow proc for bluetooth
- Fix double ripple in Wifi selection
- Don’t request render in GLSurfaceView.GLThread ctr
- Updated apps
For auto frame-rate switching –
Remember to Reboot the device after power-on from the long press power button on the remote or Settings – Device – Reboot for it to take effect.
Follow instructions here to Erase emmc storage, otherwise firmware will flash to SPI NOR and not work.
The previous Android TV 11 custom firmware v1.0 can be found here.