Amlogic S905Y4 SoC is a new chipset designed and dedicated to Android TV Dongle. The S905Y4 SoC is the lower-cost counterpart of the Amlogic S905X4 SoC that recently appeared in the new Android TV Boxes.
Amlogic S905Y4 Overview Features
As we mentioned, the low-cost version of the chipset dedicated to Android TV Dongle / TV Stick offers the same essential features as the S905X4 SoC, i.e. AV1 decoding. Supports more video for less data, (save 20% -30%) via AV1 decoding more bandwidth efficiency than H.265 or VP9.
However, the S905Y4 chipset instead of keeping Cortex-A55 cores, the processor features four low-power Cortex-A35 cores.
SDMC DV6071Z and SEI Robotics SEI450 4K HDR AV1 Android TV Dongle
You can already find the Android TV Dongles (Google certified) offer from SDMC and SEI Robotics on the market. TV Sticks also runs on Android TV 10 and is (or may have) Netflix & Prime Video certified. The devices typically come with a Bluetooth Voice remote control that carries out voice commands via the Google Assistant.
Both TV Dongles (SDMC DV6071Z and SEI Robotics SEI450) have similar specifications and features, differ in design and are intended for operators or brands rather than direct purchase for end-users.
SDMC DV6071Z / SEI Robotics SEI450 TV Dongle Specification:
- SoC – Amlogic S905Y4 quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A35 processor
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- Memory – 2GB DDR (4GB optional)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (16GB optional)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4Kp60 with HDCP 2.3, HDR (HDR10, HLG, etc..)
- Video decoding
- AV1 MP-10 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 @ L5.1 up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- H.264 AVC HP up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- Connectivity – Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.2 or higher
- DRM – Widevine, Playready, Verimatrix (Optional)
- Misc – Reset pinhole, LED indicator
- Power Supply – 5V/1.5A via Micro USB port